- Check the front plate mounting surface and flywheel housing for distortion.
- Using a straightedge, check cylinder block mating surface. The mating surface must be flat within 0.07mm. If distortion exceeds 0.2mm, the block surface may be reground.
- Measure the ID of the sleeve at 3 points: top, middle and bottom. Measurements should be both parallel to and at right angles with the crankshaft centerline at each point.
- The sleeve ID should be 92mm + 0.035mm/-0mm. Allowable out-of-round should be 0.075mm or less. Allowable taper is 0.05mm or less. If the ID deviates more than the standard diameter by +1.20mm or more, the sleeve must be replaced. If ID deviation is between +0.25mm and +1.20mm the sleeve may be overbored to oversizes from +0.25mm to +1.00mm in increments of 0.25mm. Rebored sleeves must be hond to within -0 and 0.035mm. Oversized pistons and rings must be used. If the ID deviates from the standard dimension by less than +0.25mm, hone out the sleeve and replace the rings. If the sleeve wear is uneven, the amount of oversize is determined by maximum wear. If maximum uneven wear is 0.4mm, the sleeve must be rebored to +1.00mm to ensure compliance with taper and out-of-round.
If one sleeve is rebored to a given oversize, all other sleeves must be rebored to the same oversize.
- Mount a portable boring bar on the top of the block.
- Align a boring bar with the center of the sleeve at the bottom where the eccentric wear is minimum.
- Bore the sleeve wall out to a thickness of 0.5mm.
- Pull the sleeve with a puller.
- Check the bottom hole condition after the sleeve has been pulled. If damage or any defect is noted, the bottom hole must be rebored.
Bottom Hole Not Rebored
- Measure the inside diameter of the bottom hole and the outside diamtere of the sleeve. Sleeve-to-bottom hole interference must be 0.08-0.145mm after installation.
- Press the sleeve into the block with a hydraulic press and sleeve installer. The sleeve is pressed in flush with the block surface.
- After installation, bore the sleeve and finish it to an ID of 92.000-92.035mm by honing.
- The standard bottom hole dimension is 94.955-94.990mm. Select an oversize sleeve with an OD 0.5mm larger.
- Bore the bottom hole to 95.455-95.490mm. This will ensure an interference fit of 0.08-0.145mm.
- Press the sleeve in as described above.
- After the sleeves are installed, bore the sleeves and finish hone to an ID of 92.000-92.035mm.