REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and support the front end on jackstands placed under the frame. The wheels should still be on the ground, but the weight should be off of the springs.
- Remove the nuts, lockwashers and U-bolts securing the spring to the axle.
- Remove the spring shackle bolts, shackles and front eye bolt.
- Remove the spring.
- Position the spring in place and install the eye bolt and nut. Do not tighten the bolt yet.
- Install the shackles and bolts. Tighten them just enough to make them snug.
- Make sure that the spring center bolt enters the locating hole in the axle pad.
- Install the U-bolts, lockwashers and nuts. Make them just snug for now.
- Lower the truck to its normal position with the weight back on the springs. Now tighten all bolts and nuts as follows: