REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
Coil Spring Suspension
- Raise and support the vehicle with jackstands positioned at the extreme front ends of the frame rails.
- Remove the wheel.
- Remove the upper nut and retainer.
- Remove the two lower mounting bolts.
- Remove the shock absorber.
- When installing the shock absorber, make sure the upper busings are in the correct position. Replace any worn or cracked bushing. Tighten the top nut to 25 ft. lbs. Then, tighten the lower bolts to 15 ft. lbs.
Leaf Spring Suspension
- Remove the two upper shock absorber bracket-to-frame bolts.
- Remove the lower bracket nut and remove the shock absorber.
- If new shocks are being installed, remove the upper bracket from the old shock.
- Replace any worn or cracked bushing.
- When installing the shock absorbers, tighten all fasteners to 50 ft. lbs.