REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the fuel tank from the vehicle.
- Unfasten the sending unit with the proper tool (either spanner wrench or screwdriver), then remove.
- Insert a new gasket in the recess of the fuel sending unit and slide the sending unit into the tank. Align the positioning tangs on the sender with those on the tank. Install the lockring or screws and tighten securely.
- Install the fuel tank on the vehicle.
- Lower the vehicle, then connect the negative battery cable.
See Figure 2
To remove the sending unit on a fuel injected vehicle, refer to the fuel pump procedure earlier in this section.
See Figure 3