REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Perform the fuel system pressure release.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fuel pressure regulator.
- Remove the Torx® screw holding down the injector cap.
- With two small screwdrivers, lift the cap off the injector using the slots provided.
- Using a small screwdriver placed in the hole in the front of the electrical connector, gently pry the injector from pod.
- Make sure the injector lower O-ring has been removed from the pod.
- Place a new lower O-ring on the injector and a new O-ring on the injector cap. The injector will have the upper O-ring already installed.
- Put the injector cap on injector. (Injector and cap are keyed). The cap should sit on the injector without interference. Apply a light coating of castor oil or petroleum jelly on the O-rings. Place the assembly in the pod.
- Rotate the cap and injector to line up the attachment hole.
- Push down on the cap until it contacts the injector pod.
- Install the Torx® screw and torque it to 35-45 in. lbs.
- Install the fuel pressure regulator.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Test for leaks using ATM tester C-4805 or equivalent. With the ignition in the RUN position depress the ATM button. This will activate the pump and pressurize the system. Check for leaks.
- Reinstall the air cleaner assembly.