REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the air cleaner.
- Perform the fuel system pressure release.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the vacuum hoses and electrical connectors.
- Remove the throttle cable and, if so equipped, speed control and kickdown cables.
- Remove the return spring.
- Remove the fuel intake and return hoses.
- Remove the throttle body mounting screws and lift the throttle body from the engine.
- When installing the throttle body, use a new gasket. Install the throttle body and torque the mounting screws to 175 in. lbs.
- Install the fuel intake and return hoses using new original equipment type clamps.
- Install the return spring.
- Install the throttle cable and, if so equipped, install the kickdown and speed control cables.
- Install the wiring connectors and vacuum hoses.
- Install the air cleaner.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.