REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
All models incorporate the brake safety switch into either the metering valve or combination metering/proportioning valve.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle securely on jackstands.
- On transverse mount master cylinders, remove the windshield washer reservoir for access to the valve.
- Remove the splash shield, as required.
- Disconnect the wiring at the warning light switch.
- On anti-lock brake equipped vehicles, remove the rear anti-lock valve.
- Disconnect and plug the brake lines at the combination valve.
- Unbolt and remove the valve from the frame.
- Install the anti-lock brake valve or combination valve and tighten the mounting nut to 65-95 inch lbs. (7-2 Nm).
- Connect the brake lines and tighten fittings with a flare nut wrench to 3-16 ft. lbs. (16-23 Nm).
- Refill the brake master cylinder reservoir with clean, fresh brake fluid, meeting DOT 3 or DOT 4 specifications. Properly bleed the brake system.
- Install the splash shield, as required.
- On transverse mount master cylinders, install the windshield washer reservoir for access to the valve.
- Lower the vehicle.