REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the rear anti-lock valve, combination valve and master cylinder.
- Disconnect the vacuum hose from the power booster.
- On transverse mounted boosters, remove the pivot bolt, O-ring and nut that attach the booster rod to the bell crank.
- On inline mounted boosters, remove the steering column knee bolster for access to the brake pedal. Remove the clip that attaches the pushrod and disconnect the pushrod from the brake pedal.
- Remove the power booster attaching nuts and remove the booster.
- Install the power booster and tighten to 11 ft.
lbs. (23 Nm).
- On inline mounted boosters, connect the pushrod to the brake pedal and install the clip. From inside the vehicle, install the steering column knee bolster.
- On transverse mounted boosters, install the pivot bolt, O-ring and nut that attach the booster rod to the bell crank. Coat the eyelet with Lubriplate® or equivalent prior to assembly. Tighten the pivot bolt to 30 ft. lbs. (40 Nm).
- Connect the vacuum hose to the power booster.
- Install the master cylinder, combination valve and rear anti-lock valve.
- Refill the brake master cylinder reservoir with clean, fresh brake fluid, meeting DOT 3 or DOT 4 specifications. Properly bleed the brake system.