REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7
Crankshaft Vibration Damper Puller/Installer Kit, Tool C-3688 and C-3732A, or equivalent is required.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fan shroud.
- Remove the engine fan.
- Remove the drive belt(s).
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the crankshaft pulley.
- Remove the vibration damper bolt and washer from the crankshaft.
- Install the puller assembly on the vibration damper, and thread the forcing screw into the crankshaft. Install two bolts and washers through the puller and into the damper. Remove the vibration damper by turning the forcing screw.
- When loosened, pull the damper off of the crankshaft
- Using tool C-3688, or equivalent, press the damper onto the shaft. Remove the tool and install the damper bolt. Tighten the bolt to 135 ft. lbs. (183 Nm).
- Install the crankshaft pulley.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Install the drive belt(s).
- Install the engine fan.
- Install the fan shroud.
- Connect the negative battery cable.