REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
To prevent damage to the vehicle, two people should perform this procedure.
- Open and prop up the hood. Disconnect the underhood light, if equipped. Remove the harness from the fasteners.
- Scribe the hood hinge outline on the hood for installation reference. Place a protective cover over the cowl. Have an assistant support the hood. Remove the bolts from each hinge and lift off the hood.
- Place the hood in position and line up the hinge retaining bolt holes. Insert the bolts and tighten them enough to support the hood, but allow enough "slack" for hood alignment. Align the hood and tighten the mounting bolts to 200 inch lbs. (23 Nm). Install the underhood harness and connect the lamp.
The hood can be adjusted fore-aft and up-and-down to obtain a proper fit.
- Loosen the hood-to-hinge bolts until they are finger-tight.
- Reposition the hood as required.
- Tighten the bolts.