To properly diagnose the control module, a scan tool capable of reading ABS codes (DRB, DRB II, DRB III or equivalent) is necessary. Because of the complexity of the ABS system and the importance of correct system functioning, it is recommended to have a qualified automotive technician test the system if any problems have been detected.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the windshield washer and engine coolant recovery reservoirs, as necessary, to gain access to the module.
- Label and disconnect the module electrical harness.
- Remove the module mounting screws.
- Position the module in the vehicle and tighten mounting screws to 21 inch lbs. (2 Nm).
- Connect the electrical harness.
- Install the windshield washer and engine coolant recovery reservoirs, if removed.
- Connect the negative battery cable.