To properly diagnose the hydraulic valve, a scan tool capable of reading ABS codes (DRB, DRB-II, DRB-III or equivalent) is necessary. Because of the complexity of the ABS system and the importance of correct system functioning, it is recommended to have a qualified automotive technician test the system if any problems have been detected.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise the vehicle and support it safely.
- Remove the brake lines from the hydraulic valve.
- Remove the nuts attaching the valve to the frame rail.
- Remove the valve from the frame and disconnect the wiring.
- Connect the wiring to the control valve.
- Install the valve on the frame. Tighten the mounting bolts to 16-25 ft. lbs. (21-34 Nm).
- Install the brake lines.
- Bleed the brake system as described below.
- Lower the vehicle.