REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and safely support the vehicle securely on jackstands.
- Remove the wheels.
- Remove the brake calipers and suspend them out of the way.
Do not disconnect the brake lines.
- Remove the shock absorbers.
- Disconnect the sway bar, if so equipped.
- Remove the lower control arm strut bar.
- Install an appropriate spring compressor following the manufacturer's instructions.
This will retain the spring in place until the lower control arm is disconnected and lowered for spring removal.
- Remove the ball joint nuts.
- Using ball joint separator, separate the ball joint from the steering knuckle.
- Slowly loosen the spring compressor until all tension is relieved from the coil.
- Remove the compressor and spring.
- Position the spring on the control arm and install the compressor.
- Compress the spring until the ball joint is properly positioned.
- Install the ball joint nuts and tighten them to 135 ft. lbs. (183 Nm) for 11 / 16 nuts, or 175 ft. lbs. (237 Nm) for 3 / 4 nuts. Install new cotter pins.
- Install the lower control arm strut bar.
- Connect the sway bar.
- Remove the spring compressor.
- Install the shock absorber.
- Install the brake caliper.
- Install the wheels
- Lower the vehicle.