REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and safely support the vehicle securely on jackstands.
- Remove the wheels.
- Remove the brake calipers and suspend them out of the way.
Do not disconnect the brake lines.
- Remove the brake rotor.
- Remove the brake splash shield.
- Support the lower control arm with a floor jack.
- Disconnect the tie rod from the knuckle.
- Disconnect the ball joints from the knuckle.
- Remove the knuckle.
- Unbolt the brake adapter from the knuckle.
- Install the adapter on the knuckle and tighten bolts to 100 ft. lbs. (136 Nm).
- Align the steering arm and the knuckle, then tighten 5 / 8 inch nuts to 217 ft. lbs. (294 Nm) and 3 / 4 inch nuts to 225 ft. lbs. (330 Nm).
- Install the knuckle assembly on the control arms and connect the ball joints.
- Connect the tie rod ends.
- Install the splash shield and new dust seal. Tighten the bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (1 Nm).
- Install the brake rotor.
- Install the brake calipers.
- Install the wheels.
- Lower the vehicle.