REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
Observe all applicable safety precautions when working around fuel. Whenever servicing the fuel system, always work in a well ventilated area. Do not allow fuel spray or vapors to come in contact with a spark or open flame. Keep a dry chemical fire extinguisher near the work area. Always keep fuel in a container specifically designed for fuel storage; also, always properly seal fuel containers to avoid the possibility of fire or explosion.
- Remove the engine cover.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Perform the fuel system pressure release.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Loosen the fuel intake and return hose clamps. Wrap a shop towel around each hose, twist and pull off each hose.
- Remove each fitting and note the inlet diameter. Remove the copper washers.
- Replace the copper washers with new washers.
- Install the fuel fittings in the proper ports and tighten to 175 inch lbs. (20 Nm).
- Using new original equipment type hose clamps, install the fuel return and supply hoses.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.
- Install the air cleaner assembly.
- Install the engine cover.