REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
Later vehicles have vacuum controlled motors and do not have a control cable. Look on the evaporator/heater core case of your vehicle to see if there is a cable attached or vacuum motors are used.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the engine cover.
- Depress tab on the self-adjusting clip and remove cable from the blend door.
- Remove heater control panel.
- Depress tab and remove the cable from the heater control panel.
- To remove the self-adjusting clip, hold core wire firmly at both ends of clip and place a 1 / 4 inch I.D. tube over the clip and pry the clip off the wire.
- Position self-adjusting clip on core wire 2 inches from the loop at blend door. With a 1 / 4 inch I.D. tube, pry the clip into the locked position.
- Properly route the cable, as illustrated.
- Slide the cable core wire loop on control panel lever and snap into place.
- Install the heater control panel.
- Place the control lever on the control panel to the OFF position.
- Insert the self-adjusting clip onto the blend door and snap into place.
- Adjust the cable by moving the control lever all the way to the right.
- Install the engine cover.
- Connect the negative battery cable.