REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the engine cover.
If your vehicle has a control cable:
- Depress tab on the self-adjusting clip and remove cable from the blend door.
If your vehicle has vacuum motors:
- Reach between the upper dash panel engine housing extension and the bottom of the dash panel to access and unplug the vacuum harness connector, which is located near the driver's side defroster outlet of the distribution duct.
- Remove the control panel trim from the dash panel.
- Remove the retaining screws from the control panel.
- Pull the control panel out of the dash panel far enough to access the connections on the back of the control.
- Label and disconnect all the connections on the back of the control panel and remove the panel from the dash completely.
- Install the connections onto the control panel.
- Place control panel into opening in dash panel.
- Tighten the retaining screws to 20 inch lbs. (2.2 Nm).
- Install the control panel trim onto the dash panel.
- If your vehicle has vacuum motors, plug-in the vacuum harness connector.
- If your vehicle has a control cable plug the control cable in at the blend door.
- Install the engine cover.
- Connect the negative battery cable.