REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system so that the level (of the system) is below the control valve.
- Loosen the heater hose clamps and remove the hoses.
- Disconnect the vacuum line to the valve vacuum control.
- Remove the mounting screws and remove the valve.
- On models with an auxiliary heater, the water control valve is ""teed'' from the main control valve. The removal and installation procedure is the same except for more hose clamps to loosen and an extra vacuum line to remove and connect.
- Place the control in position and secure it. Connect the heater hoses (replace any hoses that show wear) and secure the hose clamps. Connect the vacuum line(s).
- Fill the cooling system and check the control valve operation.