See Figure 1
Refer to the following Injector Diagnosis Chart.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 2, 3, 4 and 5
Observe all applicable safety precautions when working around fuel. Whenever servicing the fuel system, always work in a well ventilated area. Do not allow fuel spray or vapors to come in contact with a spark or open flame. Keep a dry chemical fire extinguisher near the work area. Always keep fuel in a container specifically designed for fuel storage; also, always properly seal fuel containers to avoid the possibility of fire or explosion.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the engine cover.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Remove the fuel rail assembly.
- Remove the clip(s) retaining the injector(s).
- Remove the injector(s) from the fuel rail.
- Apply a small amount of engine oil to each injector O-ring.
- Install the injector(s) onto the fuel rail and install the clip(s).
- Install the fuel rail assembly.
- Install the air cleaner assembly.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.
- Install the engine cover.