REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
Observe all applicable safety precautions when working around fuel. Whenever servicing the fuel system, always work in a well ventilated area. Do not allow fuel spray or vapors to come in contact with a spark or open flame. Keep a dry chemical fire extinguisher near the work area. Always keep fuel in a container specifically designed for fuel storage; also, always properly seal fuel containers to avoid the possibility of fire or explosion.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the engine cover.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Remove the throttle body assembly.
- If equipped with A/C, remove the A-shaped A/C compressor-to-intake manifold bracket.
- On the 3.9L engine only, remove the IAT sensor wiring connector.
- Remove the EVAP canister purge solenoid/bracket assembly from the intake manifold.
- Disconnect the fuel line at the fuel rail.
- Disconnect and label all the injector wiring harness connectors.
- Remove the fuel rail attaching bolts.
- Gently rock and pull the driver's side fuel rail until the injectors unseat themselves from the intake manifold. Repeat this procedure for the passenger's side and then remove the fuel rail from the engine with the injectors attached.
- Apply a small amount of engine oil to each injector O-ring.
- Install the fuel rail onto intake aligning injectors into the openings. Guide the injectors into intake, taking care not to tear O-rings.
- Push down passenger's side of fuel rail until the injectors have bottomed on injector shoulder. Repeat for the driver's side.
- Install the fuel rail mounting bolts.
- Plug in all the injector wiring harness connectors.
- Connect the fuel line onto fuel rail.
- Install the EVAP canister purge solenoid and bracket onto intake manifold.
- On the 3.9L engine, plug in the IAT sensor connector.
- On vehicles with A/C, install the A/C compressor support bracket.
- Install the throttle body assembly.
- Install the air cleaner assembly.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.
- Install the engine cover.