REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the engine cover.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the fuel tank.
- Wedge the blade of a flatblade screwdriver between the rubber grommet and the fuel tank where the support rib is located.
- Use a second screwdriver as a support to pry the valve and grommet assembly from the tank.
- To remove the grommet from the valve, place the valve upright on a flat surface and push down on the grommet peeling it down off the valve.
- Install the rubber grommet in the fuel tank and work it around the curled lip.
- Lubricate the grommet with Power Steering Fluid and push the valve downward into the grommet. Twist valve until properly positioned.
- Install the fuel tank.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Install the air cleaner and engine cover.
- Connect the negative battery cable.