Observe all applicable safety precautions when working around fuel. Whenever servicing the fuel system, always work in a well ventilated area. Do not allow fuel spray or vapors to come in contact with a spark or open flame. Keep a dry chemical fire extinguisher near the work area. Always keep fuel in a container specifically designed for fuel storage; also, always properly seal fuel containers to avoid the possibility of fire or explosion.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fuel filler cap.
- Remove the engine cover.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Remove the protective cap from the fuel pressure test port on the fuel rail.
- Install fuel pressure gauge with relief hose attached onto the test port. Place the vent hose into a suitable container and relieve the fuel pressure by venting the pressure out the hose.
- Remove the gauge set.
- Install protective cap on fuel pressure test port.
- Install removed components after servicing the fuel system.