See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
Observe all applicable safety precautions when working around fuel. Whenever servicing the fuel system, always work in a well ventilated area. Do not allow fuel spray or vapors to come in contact with a spark or open flame. Keep a dry chemical fire extinguisher near the work area. Always keep fuel in a container specifically designed for fuel storage; also, always properly seal fuel containers to avoid the possibility of fire or explosion.
- Remove the engine cover.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Remove the protective cap from the fuel pressure test port on the fuel rail.
- Install fuel pressure gauge C-5069 or equivalent to the test port fitting.
- Start the engine and check fuel pressure; at idle, the pressure should be 35-45 psi.
- If pressure fails to meet specifications, perform normal diagnostics.
- Install all removed components after servicing the fuel system.