REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- If the pump is to be replaced or disassembled, remove the pulley nut before removing the belt.
- Remove the accessory drive belt.
- Place a drain pan under the pump.
- Disconnect and cap both hoses at the pump.
- Remove the mounting and adjusting bolts.
- Lift the pump from the engine compartment.
- Position the pump in the engine compartment and tighten the bolts to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm) on 3.9L and 5.2L engines or 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm) on the 5.9L engine.
- Connect the fluid lines.
- Ensure hoses are routed at least 1 in. (25mm) from all surfaces and at least 2 in. (51mm) from the exhaust manifold.
- Install the accessory drive belt and tension properly.
- Start the engine and bleed the power steering system.
- Adjust fluid level, as necessary, using fresh power steering fluid.
After filling the power steering reservoir to the correct level, start the engine and turn the steering wheel slowly from lock to lock several times. Do not force the steering wheel against the stops. Stop the engine and check the fluid level. Add fluid if necessary. Continue until bubbles in the fluid disappear.