REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
Observe all applicable safety precautions when working around fuel. Whenever servicing the fuel system, always work in a well ventilated area. Do not allow fuel spray or vapors to come in contact with a spark or open flame. Keep a dry chemical fire extinguisher near the work area. Always keep fuel in a container specifically designed for fuel storage; also, always properly seal fuel containers to avoid the possibility of fire or explosion.
- Remove the engine cover.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Remove the three screws attaching the pressure regulator to the throttle body. Place a shop towel around the inlet chamber to contain any fuel remaining in the system.
- Pull the pressure regulator from the throttle body.
- Carefully remove the O-ring from the pressure regulator and remove the gasket.
- Thoroughly clean the gasket surfaces.
- Place a new gasket on the pressure regulator and carefully install a new O-ring.
- Position the pressure regulator on the throttle body press it into place.
- Install the three screws and tighten them to 40 inch lbs. (4.5 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the vehicle and check for leaks.
- Install the air cleaner assembly.
- Install the engine cover.