REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
Observe all applicable safety precautions when working around fuel. Whenever servicing the fuel system, always work in a well ventilated area. Do not allow fuel spray or vapors to come in contact with a spark or open flame. Keep a dry chemical fire extinguisher near the work area. Always keep fuel in a container specifically designed for fuel storage; also, always properly seal fuel containers to avoid the possibility of fire or explosion.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the fuel tank.
- Wedge the blade of a flat bladed screwdriver between the rubber grommet and the fuel tank where the support rib is located.
- Use a second screwdriver as a support to pry the valve and grommet assembly from the tank.
- To remove the grommet from the valve, place the valve upright on a flat surface and push down on the grommet peeling it down off the valve.
- Install the rubber grommet in the fuel tank and work it around the curled lip.
- Lubricate the grommet with Power Steering Fluid and push the valve downward into the grommet. Twist the valve until properly positioned.
- Install the fuel tank.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Connect the negative battery cable.