Observe all applicable safety precautions when working around fuel. Whenever servicing the fuel system, always work in a well ventilated area. Do not allow fuel spray or vapors to come in contact with a spark or open flame. Keep a dry chemical fire extinguisher near the work area. Always keep fuel in a container specifically designed for fuel storage; also, always properly seal fuel containers to avoid the possibility of fire or explosion.
- Loosen the fuel filler cap to release tank pressure.
- Remove the engine cover.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Remove the wiring harness connector from the injector.
- Ground one terminal of the injector.
- Connect a jumper wire to the second terminal and touch the battery positive post for no longer than ten seconds. This releases system pressure.
- Remove the jumper wire and continue fuel system service.