REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Observe all applicable safety precautions when working around fuel. Whenever servicing the fuel system, always work in a well ventilated area. Do not allow fuel spray or vapors to come in contact with a spark or open flame. Keep a dry chemical fire extinguisher near the work area. Always keep fuel in a container specifically designed for fuel storage; also, always properly seal fuel containers to avoid the possibility of fire or explosion.
- Remove the engine cover.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect and label the vacuum hoses and electrical connectors.
- Remove the throttle cable and, if so equipped, speed control and kickdown cables.
- Remove the return spring.
- Remove the fuel intake and return hoses.
- Remove the throttle body mounting screws and lift the throttle body from the engine.
- When installing the throttle body, use a new gasket. Install the throttle body and tighten the mounting screws to 175 inch lbs. (20.5 Nm).
- Install the fuel intake and return hoses using new original equipment type clamps.
- Install the return spring.
- Install the throttle cable and, if so equipped, install the kickdown and speed control cables.
- Install the wiring connectors and vacuum hoses.
- Install the air cleaner assembly.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.
- Install the engine cover.