REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Turn the wiper switch ON , then turn the ignition ON and OFF . This brings the wipers to a more convenient working position.
- Lift the wiper arm to raise the wiper blade and element off of the windshield.
- Push the release tab under the arm tip and slide the blade away from the tip (towards the pivot), and remove the blade from the arm.
- Slide the blade retainer into the U-shaped formation on the tip of the wiper arm until the release tab snaps into position.
- Place the arm and blade assembly back onto the windshield.
See Figures 2 and 3
- Lift the arm(s) to permit the latch to be pulled out to the holding position.
- Slide the spring-like washer hose guard, located near the wiper pivot, up the hose toward the wiper blade.
- Disconnect the washer hose at the nipple near the wiper pivot.
- Remove the arm(s) from the pivot with a rocking motion.
When installing the arms, the at-rest position of the blades should be determined before pushing the arm onto the pivot. The driver's side blade should be 1.84 in. (47mm) above the windshield weatherstripping at the heel of the blade; the passenger's side blade should be 2.24 in. (57mm) above the weatherstripping.To install:
- Mount the arm(s) on the pivot shafts.
- Lift the wiper arm(s) away from the windshield slightly to relieve the spring tension on the latch.
- Push the latch into the locked position and slowly release the arm until the wiper blade rests on the windshield.
- Install the washer hoses to the nipples near the wiper pivots and slide the hose guards back into position.
- Operate the wipers and put them in PARK . Check for proper wiper arm positioning and adjust if necessary.