REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Depress and hold the brake pedal while rotating the brake light switch in a counterclockwise direction, about 30°.
- Pull the switch rearward, then remove it from its mounting bracket.
- Detach the electrical connector from the brake light switch, then remove the switch from the vehicle.
Before installing the switch, you must move the plunger into its fully extended position, as described in the following step.
- Hold the brake light switch firmly in one hand. Use your other hand to pull outward on the plunger of the switch until it has ratcheted out to its fully extended position.
- Attach the electrical connector to the brake light switch.
Mount the brake light switch into the bracket as follows:
- Depress the brake pedal as far down as possible, then install the switch in the bracket by aligning the index key on the switch with the slot at the top of the square hole in the mounting bracket.
- When the switch is fully installed in the bracket, rotate the switch clockwise about 30° in order to lock the switch into the bracket.
- Gently pull back on the brake pedal until the pedal stops moving. This causes the switch plunger to ratchet backward to the proper position.
- Connect the negative battery cable.