REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Vehicles Without ABS
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Using a back-up wrench, unfasten the brake tube from the faulty proportioning valve.
- Remove the proportioning valve from the master cylinder.
- Lubricate the O-ring seal on the new proportioning valve using clean brake fluid from a fresh, sealed container.
- Install the proportioning valve in the master cylinder and hand-tighten until the O-ring seal is fully seated in the master cylinder. Tighten the proportioning valve to 30 ft. lbs. (40 Nm).
- Thread the brake line onto the proportioning valve. Tighten the tube nut to 12.5 ft. lbs.(17 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Bleed the brake system, as outlined later in this section.
Vehicles With ABS
For proportioning valve removal on vehicles with ABS, please refer to the ABS portion of this section.