REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 7
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system to a level below the thermostat.
- Disconnect the coolant recovery system hose from the thermostat housing.
- If necessary, you can unfasten the upper radiator hose clamp, then slide the hose off the fitting.
- Unfasten the thermostat/engine outlet housing connector bolts, then remove the housing. Remove the thermostat from the engine.
- Remove the O-ring, then thoroughly clean the sealing surfaces.
- Place the new thermostat into the thermostat housing/outlet connector. Align the vent with the notch in the cylinder head.
- Install the thermostat housing/outlet connector onto the cylinder head, then secure with the retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts to 9.2 ft. lbs. (12.5 Nm).
- If removed, attach the upper radiator hose and secure with the hose clamp.
- Connect the coolant recovery system hose.
- Fill the cooling system with the proper type and quantity of fluid. Connect the negative battery cable. Start the engine and let it warm up to operating temperatures, then recheck the coolant level and add if necessary.