The procedure for removing both the front and rear doors is the same.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
The retaining clips used on the door hinge pins are not reusable once they are removed. Make sure to have new clips on hand before beginning the procedure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Open the door, then suitable support it either with the help of an assistant or a padded jack.
- If equipped, detach the electrical connector at the hinge pillar.
- Unfasten the bolts securing the door check strap to the hinge pillar.
- Remove the clip securing the hinge pin in the lower door hinge. Discard the clip and replace with a new one during installation.
- Remove the pin from the lower hinge.
- Remove and discard the clip holding the hinge pin in the upper door hinge, then remove the pin from the upper hinge.
- Carefully remove the door from the vehicle.
- Apply a suitable multi-purpose grease to the inside of the door hinge bushings.
- Position the door on the vehicle and install the pin in the upper hinge. Align the knurling on the pin with the grooves in the door hinge before driving the pin in.
- Install the pin in the lower hinge.
Make sure the head of each hinge pin is fully seated into the door hinge.
- Install a new clip securing the pin in the upper hinge and a new clip to hold the pin in the lower hinge.
- Install the bolts holding the door check strap to the hinge pillar.
- If equipped, attach the electrical connector at the hinge pillar.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
See Figure 2
The only adjustment for the doors is a latch adjustment.
- Insert a hex wrench through the elongated hole in the door end frame near the latch striker opening.
- Loosen the socket head screw on the side of the latch linkage.
- Lift upward on the outside door handle, then release it.
- Tighten the socket head screw on the latch.
- Check for proper latch operation.