REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
When disengaging a quick-connect fitting, the retainer will remain on the fuel tube nipple.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
You MUST relieve the fuel system pressure before disconnecting any quick-connect fittings.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure, as outlined later in this section.
- Squeeze the retainer tabs together and pull the fuel tube/quick-connect fitting assembly off of the fuel tube nipple. The retainer will remain on the tube.
Never install a quick-connect fitting without the retainer being either on the fuel tube or already in the quick-connect fitting. In either case, make sure the retainer locks securely into the quick-connect fitting by firmly pulling on the fuel tube and fitting to ensure it is fastened.
- Using a clean, lint free cloth, clean the fuel tube nipple and retainer.
- Before connecting the fitting to the fuel tube, coat the tube nipple with clean 30 weight engine oil.
- Push the quick-connect fitting over the fuel tube until the retainer seats and a click is heard.
- The plastic quick-connect fitting has windows in the sides of the casing. When the fitting completely attaches to the fuel tube, the retainer locking ears and the fuel tube shoulder are visible in the windows. If they are not visible, the retainer was not installed properly. Do NOT count on the audible click to confirm a secure connection.
- Use a DRB or equivalent scan tool to pressurize the fuel system and check for leaks.