REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
The fuel pressure regulator is part of the fuel pump module. Remove the module from the fuel tank for access to the regulator.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Remove the fuel pump module, as outlined earlier in this section.
- Spread the tabs on the pressure regulator retainer.
- Use a suitable prytool to carefully pry the regulator out of the housing.
- Make sure both the upper and lower O-rings were removed with the regulator.
- Lightly lubricate the O-rings with clean engine oil, then place then into the fuel pump module opening.
- Push the regulator into the opening in the pump module.
- Fold the tabs on the regulator retainer over the tabs on the housing.
- Install the fuel pump module, as outlined earlier in this section.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
See Figures 4 and 5
These vehicles use a integral fuel filter/pressure regulator, mounted on the top of the fuel pump module. Fuel pump module removal is not necessary.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure, as outlined in Fuel System of this guide.
- If not done already, disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Unfasten the quick-connect fuel supply line from the filter/regulator nipple.
- Depress the locking spring tab, located on the side of the fuel filter/regulator, then rotate 90° and pull out. Make sure the upper and lower O-rings are still on the filter assembly.
- Lightly coat the filter O-rings with clean engine oil. Insert the filter into the opening in the fuel pump module, then align the 2 hold-down tabs with the flange.
- While applying downward pressure, rotate the filter clockwise until the spring tab catches in the locating slot.
- Attach the fuel line to the filter/regulator assembly.
- Carefully lower the vehicle, the connect the negative battery cable.