REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure, as outlined earlier in this section.
- Unfasten the wiring harness retainer from the fuel rail bracket. Unplug the fuel injector electrical connectors.
- Place a shop rag under the quick-connect fitting, then disconnect the fuel supply tube from the fuel rail.
- Unfasten the fuel rail assembly retaining bolts, then lift the fuel rail off the intake manifold. You have to pull up on the rail while twisting the injectors to the remove the rail from the vehicle.
- Cover the fuel rail injector openings in the intake manifold to prevent debris from entering while the rail is removed.
- Apply a light coating of clean engine oil to the O-ring on the nozzle end of each injector. Remove the covering from the injector openings.
- Insert the fuel injector nozzles into the openings in the intake manifold. Seat the injectors in place. Tighten the fuel rail mounting screws to 15-17 ft. lbs. (20-23 Nm).
- Attach the electrical connectors to the fuel injectors.
- Attach the quick-connect fuel supply line to the fuel rail, as outlined earlier in this section.
- Connect the negative battery cable.