See Figures 1 and 2
You MUST relieve the fuel system pressure before servicing any components of the fuel system. Service vehicles in well ventilated areas and avoid ignition sources. NEVER smoke while servicing the vehicle!
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fuel filler cap.
- Remove the protective cap from the fuel pressure port on the fuel rail.
- Place the open end of a suitable fuel pressure release hose (tool C-4799-2 or equivalent) into an approved gasoline container. Connect the other end of the hose to the fuel pressure test port. The fuel pressure will bleed off through the hose into the gasoline container.
Fuel pressure gauge kit C-4799-B contains hose C-4799-2.
- The vehicle is now safe for servicing.
- After you are finished working on the fuel system, don't forget to install the fuel filler cap.