REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
All models covered by this guide are equipped with a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), which uses an air bag. Whenever working near any of the SRS components, such as the impact sensors, the air bag module, steering column and instrument panel, disable the SRS, as described in Chassis Electrical .
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable. Wait at least 2 minutes to begin service to allow the SRS ample time to disarm.
- If equipped with a manual transaxle, remove the shifter knob.
- Remove the attaching screws from each side of the cup holder. On vehicles with a non-armrest console, remove the 2 screws from the rear of the console. On vehicles with an armrest console, remove the 4 screws in the console bin.
- Pull the parking brake lever up all of the way.
- Lift the console at the rear and guide it out from under the instrument panel.
- Place the console into proper position in the vehicle.
- Return the parking brake lever to the fully released.
- Install the console retaining screws and screws to each side of the cup holder.
- If equipped with a manual transaxle, install the shifter knob.
- Connect the negative battery cable.