REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 10
- Open the door, then lower the window.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unfasten the screw attaching the pull cup to the door panel.
- Pull the inside door latch release handle, in order to access the attaching screw, then remove the screw.
- If equipped with manual windows, slide a window crank removal tool behind the crank to unfasten the retaining clip, then remove the crank.
Use a fork-type trim panel fastener removal tool to disengage the push-in fasteners. Pulling on the trim panel to disengage the fasteners will damage the panel.
- Disengage all hidden push-in fasteners attaching the trim panel to the door. Make sure that all of the fasteners are detached using the removal tool.
- Tilt the trim panel out to clear the locator pins on the back side of the trim panel.
- Lift the trim panel to disengage it from the retainer channel on the inner belt weather-strip at the top of the door.
- Disengage the clip holding the door latch linkage to the back of the inside door handle, then separate the latch rod from the handle.
Do not let the door trim panel to hang by the wire connector or wiring.
- Detach the wire connector(s) from the power door lock switch, mirror switch and/or power window switch, as applicable.
- Remove the trim panel from the vehicle.
- Replace any missing or damaged push-in retainers with new ones of the same type and quality.
- Position the trim panel near the door.
- Attach the connectors to the power components (window, mirror, locks), as applicable.
- Insert the latch rod into the inside latch release.
- Engage the clip holding the door latch linkage to the back of the inside door handle.
- Place the trim panels into the retainer channel at the top of the door and push it down to seat.
- Locate the door trim panel to the inner door panel by aligning the locating pins on the backside of the trim panel to the mating holes in the inner door panel. Gently shift the panel forward or rearward, as necessary.
- Engage the hidden push-in fasteners holding the trim panel to the door from around the perimeter of the trim panel.
- With the window still all the way down, place the window regulator crank handle approximately. Install the right handle at the 10 o'clock position and the left handle at the 2 o'clock position, if equipped with manual windows.
- Install the screw securing the trim panel to the door from behind the inside door latch release handle.
- Install the screw inside the pull cup holding door trim panel to the bracket.
- Connect the negative battery cable.