REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- If possible, move the window to the fully closed position.
- Remove the door trim panel and window regulator, as outlined earlier in this section.
- Secure the sector gear and mounting plate with a C-clamp. This will prevent a sudden and forceful movement of the regulator when the motor is removed.
- Remove the 3 mounting screws that secure the motor gear box to the regulator.
- Remove the motor from the regulator.
- Install a new motor on the regulator by positioning the motor gear box so that it engages the regulator sector teeth.
- A slight rotational or rocking motion may be necessary to bring the 3 motor gear box screw holes into proper position.
- Install the 3 gear box screws and one tie down bracket screw, if applicable. Tighten to 50-70 inch lbs. (5.6-8 Nm).
- Install the regulator and door trim panel.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
See Figure 2
- If possible, position the window so it is not in the fully open or closed position.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the door trim panel.
- If equipped, detach the wiring connector from the motor.
- Remove the 3 nuts attaching the window regulator/motor housing to the door inner panel. This will allow the motor/housing to be moved to the lower door inner panel opening since the cables will flex.
- Turn the motor/housing for access to the 3 nuts attaching the motor to the housing.
- Remove the 3 nuts attaching the motor to the housing.
- Remove the motor from the housing. Be careful not to pull the cable drum from the housing, as the motor shaft will tend to pull the drum with it.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.