REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- If equipped with rear drum brakes, remove the brake drum. If equipped with rear disc brakes, remove the caliper and suspend aside with a piece of wire, then remove the rotor. Do NOT allow the caliper to hang by the brake hose.
- Remove the dust cap from the rear hub/bearing.
- Remove the retaining nut securing the hub/bearing assembly to the knuckle/spindle. Discard the hub nut and replace with a new one during installation.
- Remove the hub/bearing from the spindle by pulling it off the end of the spindle by hand.
- Position the hub/bearing assembly on the rear spindle/knuckle. Install a NEW hub nut and tighten to 160 ft. lbs. (217 Nm).
- Install the dust cap and seat it using a soft face hammer to carefully tap it into place.
- If equipped with drum brakes, install the brake drum. If equipped with disc brakes, install the rotor.
- If equipped with disc brakes, install the caliper and 2 guide pin bolts. Tighten the bolts to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
- Install the wheel and tire assembly. Tighten the lug nuts, in a criss-cross pattern, to 100 ft. lbs. (135 Nm).
- Carefully lower the vehicle.