REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 9
- Remove the retainers then detach the air intake tube from the air cleaner housing.
- Unfasten the retaining clamps on top of the air cleaner housing, then remove the lid. On 1996-99 models, rotate the front of the housing forward, then lift the front away from the air cleaner housing.
- Remove the air cleaner element and replace it with a new one.
- Wipe the air cleaner housing out using a damp cloth. Check the lid gasket, if equipped, to ensure that it has a tight seal.
- Place the air cleaner element into the housing.
When installing the air cover, make sure the retaining tabs are properly positioned in the slots.
- On 1996-99 models, rotate the front of the housing forward, then lower into place and position the tabs in the slots. Fasten the retaining clamps on top of the air cleaner housing.
- Attach the air intake tube to the air cleaner. Secure using the retainers. Note that the air intake tube has a piece protruding from it for alignment purposes during installation.