See Figure 1
- Detach the coolant temperature sensor electrical connector.
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position. The temperature gauge should be at its lowest position.
- Ground the temperature gauge sending unit connector pin 3, as shown in the accompanying figure. Turn the ignition switch ON . The temperature gauge should be at its highest position. After the seat belt lamp goes out, the cluster should chime for about 8 seconds.
- If OK, check the temperature sending unit connector for proper connection. If connections are OK, replace the sending unit.
- If not OK, and the high temperature chime should but the gauge shows cold, replace the gauge assembly. If the gauge still does not work, replace the printed circuit board.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unplug the sensor electrical connector.
- Remove the sensor from the vehicle.
- Instal the sensor in the vehicle and tighten securely.
- Attach the electrical connector to the sensor.
- Connect the negative battery cable.