REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
The ignition switch is attached to the lock cylinder housing on the end opposite the lock cylinder.
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable. Wait at least 2 minutes to allow the air bag system ample time to disarm.
- Place the ignition key in the RUN position. Through the hole in the lower shroud, press the lock cylinder retaining tab, then remove the key cylinder.
- Unfasten the retainers, then remove the upper and lower steering column shrouds.
- Detach the ignition switch electrical connectors.
- Using a #10 Torx® bit, remove the ignition switch mounting screw.
- Depress the retaining tabs, then pull the ignition switch from the steering column.
- Make sure the ignition switch is in the RUN position and the actuator shaft in the lock housing is in the RUN position.
- Carefully install the ignition switch. The switch will snap over the retaining tabs. Install the mounting screw.
- Attach the ignition switch electrical connectors.
- Install the upper and lower steering column shrouds.
- Install the ignition key cylinder (the cylinder retaining tab will depress only in the RUN position).
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Check for proper operation of the ignition switch and key-in warning switch.