REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Tie Rod Ends
See Figure 1
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the nut attaching the outer tie rod end to the steering knuckle. The nut is removed by holding the tie rod end stud with an 11 / 32 in. socket while loosening and removing the nut with a wrench.
- Separate the tie rod end from the steering knuckle using side puller.
- Loosen the inner tie rod-to-outer tie rod jam nut. Thread the jam nut far enough up the inner tie rod to pull the collar away from the outer tie rod end.