REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 10
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the wiper arm and blade assemblies, as outlined earlier in this section.
- Remove the rear hood seal with the cowl top plastic screen.
- Detach the motor wire connector at the front plenum wall.
- Remove the wiper module retainers.
- Remove the ground strap bolt, then remove the strap and position it out of the way.
- Remove the wiper motor and linkage from the vehicle.
- If necessary, you can separate the motor from the linkage as follows:
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Make sure to lubricate the socket with multi-purpose grease.
Observe the following specifications during installation:
- Tighten the motor mounting screws to 45-55 inch lbs. (5-6 Nm).
- Tighten the drive link nut to 8-9 ft. lbs. (11-12 Nm).
- Tighten the module mounting screws to 60-80 inch lbs. (7-9 Nm).