REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
New clips may be needed to be purchased prior to fender removal. Some fender skirts and molding clips may break when removed.
1979-82 Models See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Remove the front bumper end.
- Remove the fender liner. New clips will be needed to install the liner after fender installation.
- Remove the side turn signal lamp assembly.
- Loosen the bolts retaining the fender to the body of the truck.
- Place the fender on the truck and tighten the mounting bolts securely.
- Install the side turn signal lamp to the fender.
- Attach the fender liner with new clips.
- Install the front bumper end.
1983-93 Models See Figures 4 and 5
On some models, if the right fender is to be removed, removal of the antenna is first required.
- Remove the wiper blade cover boots from the bottom of the wiper arms, then remove the retaining nuts and pull the wiper arms off of the shafts.
- Remove the front deck garnishes from the cowl area of the Pick-up.
- Remove the front combination lights-refer to Chassis Electrical for this procedure.
- On 4WD Pick-ups, remove the front mud flap from the lower fender.
- Remove the mounting body screws from the splash shield (inner fender cover), then remove the splash shield from under the fender.
- Remove all of the mounting body screws holding the front fender in place, then remove the fender from the Pick-up.
- Once the fender is removed from the vehicle, the protector film and partial wheel lip (2WD) or over fender (4WD) can be removed from the fender. To remove the over fender, use a plastic trim tool to pull out the clips by prying on the edges of the over fender.
- Install the wheel lip or over fender to the fender.
- Before the fender is reinstalled, affix the protector film to the bumper cushion contacting surface.
- Fasten the fender temporarily in position on the vehicle, make sure that clearance is uniform at all points, then tighten the mounting bolts securely. If the Pick-up was equipped with fender seal, make certain to reinstall the seal.
- Install the splash shield to the under side of the fender, then secure it in place with the mounting screws. Apply 3M;rm ATD Part No. 8625 or the equivalent adhesive to the splash shield and fender lip contact area.
- Screw the mud flap back onto the fender and splash shield.
- Install the front combination light-refer to Chassis Electrical .
- Install the front garnishes to the cowl area of the Pick-up with the mounting screws.
- Install the windshield wiper arms onto the shafts and tighten the mounting nuts to 7-12 ft. lbs. (10-16 Nm).
- Affix the wiper arm nut covers back onto the arms.
- Install the antenna if the right fender was removed.