REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- After making mating marks on the front propeller (drive) shaft, center yoke and rear propeller shaft, remove the needle bearing of the center yoke. Then disconnect the front and rear propeller shaft.
- Remove the nut holding the center yoke and remove the yoke from the center bearing.
- Gently pry the bearing bracket from the bearing assembly.
- Use a gear puller or similar tool to remove the bearing.
The center bracket and mounting rubber attaching band are spotwelded on the circumference and therefore can not be disassembled.To install:
- Fill the bearing grease cavity with multi-purpose grease.
- Partially insert the center bearing into the shaft and install the bracket to the bearing.
- Check that the bracket mounting rubber is correctly seated in the bearing groove.
- Refit the center yoke, making sure to align the notch on the yoke with the notch on the front driveshaft. Use a new attaching nut and tighten it to 116-159 ft. lbs. (157-215 Nm).
- Reinstall the center universal joint, making sure to align the matchmarks of the rear driveshaft with the notch in the yoke.