A flare nut fitting is a fuel line with a nut attached to the end which is screwed into the opposite fuel line. Two line wrenches are necessary to separate the flare nut type fitting.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- On fuel injected models, relieve the fuel pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Using two line wrenches, separate the male fitting from the female fitting.
- During installation, temporarily tighten the flare nut by hand, then tighten it to specified torque. Be careful that the fuel line does not become twisted.
- After all of the fuel pipes and hoses have been connected, start the engine and confirm that there is no fuel leakage from any of the connections.