REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Set the temperature control lever to the extreme right side.
- Loosen the radiator drain plug to drain the cooling system.
- Remove the air filter.
- Remove the heater hose clamp and disconnect the heater hose.
- Disconnect the control wire from the water control valve lever and the heater units clip.
- Unfasten the clip from the air blend lever, the disconnect the link for the blend air damper from the blend air damper lever.
- Rempove the hose cover.
- Remove the hose joint clamp, then cut the joint hose.
- Remove the water control valve.
- Before installation, attach the joint hose and hose clamp to the pipe on the heater core side.
Pipe first to facilitate replacement work. When the joint hose clamp is installed, insert it in the direction shown. Otherwise, the hose cover cannot be installed correctly.
- Adjust the blend air damper and attach the end of the link for the blend air damper to the blend air damper lever.
- After connecting the temperature control wire to the water valve lever, attach it to the clip part of the heater unit.
- Close the radiator drain plug and refill the cooling system. Start the engine and top off the cooling system as needed.
- Check operation of the water valve.